Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ward Chili Cook Off

Our ward was having a talent show/chili cook off last night and there were 24 people who brought their chili. Adam and I brought White Chicken Chili (Adam made it all... I just did the dishes for it which I thought was a pretty good deal. He worked on it for a long time to make it perfect). Adam and I got this recipe originally from my sister Amber. (Thanks Amber for sharing!!) It's been one of our favorites and Adam expands on it each time we make it. There were five awards that they were giving out: the spiciest, the most appealing looking, the chunkiest, the most original, and the best overall. We were awarded the most original, and all the five that they picked had to taste really good too for them to be awarded the prizes. Each chili was given a number so that it could be anonymous and we heard several people comment on how good our white chili was of chili #17. We even heard the judges talk about it, so this is seriously a keeper recipe! It was a fun night and we were pretty happy to win that wooden spoon! I'm so proud of Adam and his cooking skills!

For the recipe click on the link below

White Chicken Chili
Adam making the finishing touches to the chili
The 24 contestants in the Chili Cook Off. Ours is in the red crock pot.
Adam holding his prize for THE MOST ORIGINAL CHILI!

2 comments:

joy*us said...

Great job you guys! We will have to try that recipe. Great chili must run in the family, Aaron won second place at our stake chili cook off this last summer.

Alicia Sink said...

You will have to share your recipe!! We like good chili!