So I found this on a random search for a Christmas Tree picture that I was going to up on this post, but I thought this one was cooler. They are Mountain Dew cans.. How clever is that? Well, I just wanted to do an update for the week. I am starting my finals and I am pretty stressed, but I only have 2 1/2 more days of it left to go. I have a final tomorrow, on Wednseday I have a final and 2 small presentations, then Thursday I have a final at 8:45 in the morning and then it's goodbye Rexburg that afternoon! I can't wait to get out of here. It's cold and snowy and lacks my fiance.
Adam is actually on a Caribbean cruise right now. He sailed off yesterday with some of his friends. Lame I didn't get to go huh? But I don't get to talk to him for a full week so not until next Sunday the 20th. I think this will be the longest we will go without speaking since we first met last January. It's only Monday and it already feels really weird and lonely. But it's ok, because now I can just focus on my finals.
For Relief Society last Thursday we were able to sponsor a family for Christmas who lives in Rigby. We gathered money for them then we went shopping and bought presents for them all and bought them food for a nice meal. After we went shopping, we went back to the apartment lounge and wrapped everything up. We packed ourselves in cars and drove to their house where we dropped the presents off at their door. We all hid and someone knocked on their door. They unfortunately weren't home, so we waited around for almost an hour and hid in our cars so that we could watch this cute family find their gifts on their door step. It was such an amazing experience. They had an 8 year old girl and she just ran to the presents. It was seriously so cool. I hope that I can one day incorporate a tradition of giving like that into my own family.
I have been listening to Christmas music lately to get into the Christmas spirit but it makes it really hard when you don't have your family with you and you are pretty much alone. Christmas, to me, has to include family otherwise it's just not Christmas. But I am soooo excited to get home. Then Christmas can start! Well I just wanted to update everyone on what's going on with me. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!!


No comments:
Post a Comment