This massive water bug has been Adam and I's pet for several weeks now. He just chills in this large baking bowl during the day, then we can hear him swimming around at night and splashing in the water. His favorite thing is to just hang out on his rocks. I think he likes living with us. I personally think that he is too big to be a bug. We are good to Thore. We fed him a fish about a week and a half ago and we are going to get him another one for family night tomorrow. I can't watch him eat the cute, 28 cent, gold fish, but Adam thinks that it's pretty cool. Thore has this long needle/stinger thing by his mouth that he stabs into the fish. The stinger makes all the insides of his food turn into a liquid and then he sucks it all out. It's pretty gross and kinda alienish, I think. But we like Thore, and hopefully he'll live for a long time. We should have probably gotten a tank for him by now. Oh well. I will just never use that baking bowl ever again.
Thore
Thore's food
4 comments:
Thore is gross! Did you find him around your house or did Adam bring him home one day? I have taught Elaina that we kill bugs immediately, do you remember her with that grasshopper in Idaho? Kill on contact!
Yeah, he is pretty gross. And yes, Adam just brought him home in a water bottle one day. He found him while he was working in the morning. You taught Elaina right. That grasshopper was so gross, and that was so funny! Adam really likes Thore, so I don't know if he would like Elaina squishing him. I would have been all for it the day Adam brought him home.
This is gross, I can't believe you have Thore live in your house. Do you want me to bring out the fish tank so he can live in it. (I thought it was just little boys that brought home bugs.)
Haha, yeah.. Adam has his boyish qualities, but I love them. :) But yeah, if you want to bring out the fish tank that would be great. I'm not sure how much longer Thore will live, but we want to get some fish eventually anyway.
Post a Comment