After almost 8 months of dating, Adam and I are now engaged! I can't believe it. It was so unexpected. Adam and I hadn't even ever talked about marriage. I wanted to, but I didn't know if he wanted to. But I guess it was on his mind all along! He actually bought the ring while he was in Rexburg visiting me. It makes it so special that he was the one to pick it out. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It's perfect! I am so happy!
So how it happened was that Adam told me he wanted to take me out to a nice restaurant in downtown Chattanooga and that maybe I should dress up nice and wear heels and stuff which I was totally down for. So we drive to this really fancy and nice Italian restaurant by the Tennessee River called Tony's. We had a view of the river from our table. After we ate, we decided, or I guess it was planned to go on a walk around because it was so nice outside. We walked by this museum and it took me to the most beautiful spot where we could see the river better and we were kinda on a ledge.
And that is where he proposed to me!! I was in shock! At first he told me he got something for me a little while ago and he unzipped his jacket pocket and took out a ring and got down on one knee. He asked me to marry him and I sat there for a while in shock and not saying anything except for "Are you serious?!" It was so unexpected I thought maybe it wasn't real. Then he said "Please?" Haha. I realized I hadn't answered him yet so I said "Yes! of course!" We then walked around some more then drove back to his house. When we got there, Adam's nephews Karson, Kooper, and Kutter were there and they greeted me with a pink rose each and there were hugs given and a warm welcome to the family.
Kutter (2), Kooper (4)
Then I went up to my room and there were candles lit and beautiful pink, white, and red flowers in vases everywhere. And there was a white cloth on the ground with a bunch of different desserts for us to eat. His sister Kristi gave me a beautiful blue flowered hair clip thing to put in my hair on my wedding day!!
It was just a perfect day! And it was kinda freaky because I had a dream the night before that I was getting engaged. This is to show that dreams do come true!
Now we are making wedding plans! We are hoping to get married April 10th in the Sacramento temple. But we will keep everyone updated! YAY! I can't believe I'm going to be a Sink!
2 comments:
Yay yay yay!!! We are so excited for both of you! This is such a wonderful start of your new life together. Congratulations!
Congradulations, Alicia and Adam! I think it is so cute that he had to say "please." That is funny. I am so excited and happy for you guys!
Post a Comment